Friday, 16 March 2012

mental fuel for the artist

Whilst doing alot of silhouettes for character design I felt that I couldnt do anymore, This may make me sound stupid as hell but I clicked onto why I couldnt do anymore drawing. I wanted to draw I was motivated to but something was preventing me from doing so.

I thought that my hand works faster than my brain, thats idiot talk, I had run out of inspiration so there was no mental fuel to stimulate my drawing.

There are only a certain amount of thumbnail sketches/silhouettes you can be inspired to draw from a few moodboards so I made some more, lots more, anything that I could think of that would inspire me and I covered the wall around my desk with this inspiration and the ideas kept flowing and flowing and quickly......
I am realising things each day that will help me to progress.

I was always told to surround myself with inspiration.

It really does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment