Sunday, 25 March 2012

Project Have Fun "Creating a believable environment".


There is a reason I have done this before developing anymore characters furthur. that is because I need to decide on how the environment will be, before I know which ones will fit/ be included into one piece of art.

Flick is a small character in a big world. I want to show that in the art, I want to make the environment look huge as it would be from his perspective. I dont want it to look like a kitchen....as such.

I imagine that from flick's point of view, the kitchen cupboards would look like mountains, the ceiling would look like sky, the lino – earth, baths filled with water, lakes and so on.
Something the viewer could relate to and see how phenoninal things look from his perspective.

To do this I will have to think about the perspective and how to use that to convey the huge world.
Would I perhaps have to include details in the environment that would make the objects look how we flick would see them?

Maybe make the cupboards look like mountains and so forth. The enemy characters look like other things, the vacuum cleaner like a rhino, the kettle boss a big steam train, with clouds of steam that would look like storm clouds from the sky. This would communicate to the audience the idea of size making them relate to it. Just seeing a kitchen with a kettle in it may not have that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment