Took time out from "project have fun" to do visual design work, also had fun.
I would like to show my first horrible painting of bradgate park, then the one i did today.
actually, maybe i wont post up the first pic.... oh go on then.. I am a bit embarrassed..
I got plenty of constructive criticism because I said, feel free to tear this apart, and it was torn apart but i cant complain. Will apply constructive criticism and then post up perfected version.
Here is a taster of the constructive criticism I recieved based on painting I was proud of. How constructive do you think it is?
1. why is the ground so blurry.
2. Why does that tree look like a guy upside down with his legs in the air.
3 branches over lap from trees from further back.
4.Try to keep away from scribble branches, they just look la...zy.
5. I notice that the sky is very blue and there is a shadow that one tree casts, but non of the other trees are casting any shadow.
4. The shadow that the closest tree is casting, is more like a saplings shadow.
5. the shadow of that tree coming from that angle and if it was that blurry, would have a much longer shadow. A thing to remember the closer the shadow to the object, the sharper the shadow, so it would be crisp next to the base and fuzzy farther away from where it meets the ground.
6. Add a pinch of blue to the shadows as you'd get the sky filling the shadow.
7. It looks like you've used pure white for that cloud in the background, it punches a hole in the picture try to avoid that.
8. It looks like the sun is coming through the branches on the center-right of the picture, judging on shadow and colour of the sky, this wouldnt make much sense. Looks like you just hit dodge tool there, but it has the effect ofthe sun.
im glad for this criticism, without out it I would have gone on and thought the above picture was ok.
The only thing I can do is apply it and see if it makes a difference.
I promised I would not be negative on my blog again.... and I wont. In fact If anyone reads this i personally give them my permission to decapitate me if i be negative.
Yet again, It leads to the old chestnut.. " i dont know what good is" but if I listen to and apply the feedback I may get closer to understanding.
Its an improvment on anything ive done before. I am only really beginning to dabble with this sort of thing. Thats the main thing. just keep going.
Im in the mood to write my review of the first year now.
I would like to show my first horrible painting of bradgate park, then the one i did today.
actually, maybe i wont post up the first pic.... oh go on then.. I am a bit embarrassed..
I got plenty of constructive criticism because I said, feel free to tear this apart, and it was torn apart but i cant complain. Will apply constructive criticism and then post up perfected version.
Here is a taster of the constructive criticism I recieved based on painting I was proud of. How constructive do you think it is?
1. why is the ground so blurry.
2. Why does that tree look like a guy upside down with his legs in the air.
3 branches over lap from trees from further back.
4.Try to keep away from scribble branches, they just look la...zy.
5. I notice that the sky is very blue and there is a shadow that one tree casts, but non of the other trees are casting any shadow.
4. The shadow that the closest tree is casting, is more like a saplings shadow.
5. the shadow of that tree coming from that angle and if it was that blurry, would have a much longer shadow. A thing to remember the closer the shadow to the object, the sharper the shadow, so it would be crisp next to the base and fuzzy farther away from where it meets the ground.
6. Add a pinch of blue to the shadows as you'd get the sky filling the shadow.
7. It looks like you've used pure white for that cloud in the background, it punches a hole in the picture try to avoid that.
8. It looks like the sun is coming through the branches on the center-right of the picture, judging on shadow and colour of the sky, this wouldnt make much sense. Looks like you just hit dodge tool there, but it has the effect ofthe sun.
im glad for this criticism, without out it I would have gone on and thought the above picture was ok.
The only thing I can do is apply it and see if it makes a difference.
I promised I would not be negative on my blog again.... and I wont. In fact If anyone reads this i personally give them my permission to decapitate me if i be negative.
Yet again, It leads to the old chestnut.. " i dont know what good is" but if I listen to and apply the feedback I may get closer to understanding.
Its an improvment on anything ive done before. I am only really beginning to dabble with this sort of thing. Thats the main thing. just keep going.
Im in the mood to write my review of the first year now.


No comments:
Post a Comment