Just writing up the sds have done for game production since last time, also a more detailed example of the concept/planning.
Schedules, thourough thoughts on how I was going to model, what i was going to model, practice, furthur ideas on better planning, round 2 of the project including more thorough reference.
Triangle limits, all of the things I talked about doing in the test run of this project.
I kept some of the textures from the test run on the new objects.
Progression, (heres were I talk about how I have progressed this week)
I was able to figure out ambient occlusion, This is the model before I added the specular map.
I really think on reflection the normal map needs work, I like the flattened ball.I think it looks really accurate and for the 40 triangles I think I did well.
The whole planning process made this happen quickly, like you would never know, all of those small details considered I knew exactly what I was doing.
The silhouettes was a great idea, silhouettes for everything. It really works. I will carry it over to the next project. I feel I have made so much progress and learnt so much already. in just 2 short weeks. This may be down to my deeper understanding of the concept and planing stage of the project.
My verdict, it needs work. I may have to consider getting rid of some things to make others better, I think the bin bag looks a little choppy but... The textures are not blurry, hooray.
Maybe could do with appearing more photoreal in areas. Maybe some dirt or fading in areas, all looks a little too new, that may have been down to removing the shadows and highlights as it got rid of the filth aswell.
The only problem I have now is do I make another? or do I spend the next week trying to make this look cool? as advised.
Schedules, thourough thoughts on how I was going to model, what i was going to model, practice, furthur ideas on better planning, round 2 of the project including more thorough reference.
Triangle limits, all of the things I talked about doing in the test run of this project.
Model before texture, I managed to stick to the tri limit I had set myself in most cases slightly over and under for some.I think the mesh looks neat.
I kept some of the textures from the test run on the new objects.
Progression, (heres were I talk about how I have progressed this week)
I was able to figure out ambient occlusion, This is the model before I added the specular map.
I really think on reflection the normal map needs work, I like the flattened ball.I think it looks really accurate and for the 40 triangles I think I did well.
The whole planning process made this happen quickly, like you would never know, all of those small details considered I knew exactly what I was doing.
The silhouettes was a great idea, silhouettes for everything. It really works. I will carry it over to the next project. I feel I have made so much progress and learnt so much already. in just 2 short weeks. This may be down to my deeper understanding of the concept and planing stage of the project.
My verdict, it needs work. I may have to consider getting rid of some things to make others better, I think the bin bag looks a little choppy but... The textures are not blurry, hooray.
Maybe could do with appearing more photoreal in areas. Maybe some dirt or fading in areas, all looks a little too new, that may have been down to removing the shadows and highlights as it got rid of the filth aswell.
The only problem I have now is do I make another? or do I spend the next week trying to make this look cool? as advised.















No comments:
Post a Comment