In game production every little detail needs to be considered which may sound a little misleading. By focusing on the details as part of the bigger picture I feel is the way to go.
I mean when I make all of the assets for the trash project I need to make sure that they work together as one. Its fine going overboard with each one and trying to make that look cool but when you put it all together it just dosent look right. Colour, composition all of those things and many more need to be put into consideration.
I understand the importance of silhouettes now they are a good way to decide what detail to include and more importantly what detail is needed when modelling.
As far as visual design goes I was baffled yesterday when someone said to me that studys were dumb and that you learn by doing. The second bits true you do learn by doing, but doing what?
Doing random stuff to fill the pages of your sketchbook is not a smart way to learn,deciding what you need to do, and for what purpose contributes to the bigger picture (quite literaly in this case).
I always like doing each thing seperatley but is that smart? working on lighting, colour ,composition could this all be done as one? would it serve a better purpose? I will consider this.
I mean when I make all of the assets for the trash project I need to make sure that they work together as one. Its fine going overboard with each one and trying to make that look cool but when you put it all together it just dosent look right. Colour, composition all of those things and many more need to be put into consideration.
I understand the importance of silhouettes now they are a good way to decide what detail to include and more importantly what detail is needed when modelling.
As far as visual design goes I was baffled yesterday when someone said to me that studys were dumb and that you learn by doing. The second bits true you do learn by doing, but doing what?
Doing random stuff to fill the pages of your sketchbook is not a smart way to learn,deciding what you need to do, and for what purpose contributes to the bigger picture (quite literaly in this case).
I always like doing each thing seperatley but is that smart? working on lighting, colour ,composition could this all be done as one? would it serve a better purpose? I will consider this.
No comments:
Post a Comment