Thursday, 4 October 2012

I have been inspired to be smart

Just uploaded a few rough thumbnails. I would like to take a few minutes to talk about being smart with my development workthat I forgot to mention before.

Looking back at my last years work I spent a great deal of time doing developoment work. In particular this work consisted of pages of thumbnail sketches, some for lighting some for composition and some for rendering practice and so on.

Sometimes I found that I had spent so much time on the development work that I had little time or a rushed final peice.

Doing all this extra work really only benefited me because I was getting better at producing quick drawings through practice.

This week in visual design realised that I could include all of the informaion I wanted in the same thumbnail sketch. They took me a bit longer but ultimatley I have saved time. Other advantages include that I only have to refer to one for my final peice rather than 10 pages of thumbs based on different things.

They are still quick rough thumbs but they show the information I want them too and are really more for my benefit than anyone elses.





These are just a few examples but I believe this may be the way to go I can get alot more work done if I think like this, sketches just for sketches sake are pointless. 
My only fear is it may look like Im not doing much so I spent the remainding time practicing speed with painting and final peices and in other areas I am week at in this subject. 
Saving time is one thing, how you plan on using that time is vital.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment