Well, its been a productive day. For some reason I cant get my facebook account open to upload this.
Its hilarious because To open it I have to name peoples faces, thats everyone that was EVER on the course, oh and did I mention that people tag there images too.
So not only do I have to name people I dont know I have to figure out the "painting style" of people I dont know.
I thought I'd upload it here for evidence that the finals done.
some digital colour sketches to help with development of final
Just included the final rough compositional thumbs, This needed to work in order for me to produce a better final.
Ultimatley I am not happy with this, but I have other things to do for now. The second left hand tree branches look a little dodgy and I think the image needs more reds.....
Ive got this done so there is time if I want to give it another 20 minutes or so.
As far as progress is concerned this is an improvement. It just looks better, compositionally, the lighting and contrast look better also. I was always told my work needed more layers. I used different brush sizes (as I did with the watercolour). The main difference is that I used higher brush opacitys, my previous work I used a 10 percent and my work looked blurry.
Timewise it took half the time of my previous digi paints so that I am happy with. My technique has improved which may be why it took less time, also my confidence has increased so I spend less time battling my subconscious that says "YOU CANT DO THIS".
I just tell it to go away now, and just get things done.
My choice of doing the development work I needed and not in excess was a good decision, it didnt reduce the quality of the final peice it improved it because it addressed what needed to be recorded on paper in order to create the final.
I stopped halway through because I had an urge to do some 3d, as I do know so Im gonna stop talking and get back to that trash.
Edit: an hour has passed still cant get onto facebook for crits so I thought I'd rely on my own judgement and take 10 minutes to be picky and make some alterations to the painting.
I saw even more issues with this upon reflection, shadows were in the wrong place on 4 of the main trees and 2 of the trees to the side. lighting was the main reason for producing this image so that had to be altered a few things were out of proportion and some things needed definition like the second tree on the right so that it didnt blend into the first tree. Also the background tree on the left needed a bit less definition as it was furthur away. As I stated previously the image needed some more red's in it i thought to improve the contrast. The most annoying thing was the third tree on the rights leaves looked like they were in front of the second tree, and the second large shadow was too big and inaccurate. Back of trees also needed some contrast. Fronts needed more highlights. One tree had no branches just a trunk. Second tree on right had weird leaves on the top .I think thats it there is probably more "issues" that I dont see.

So I this is the altered image with alterations, its a bit small on here to do it any justice. I believe it looks alot better from the changes I have made.
EDIT: One note though, I chose from thumbnail stage to make this image this aspect ratio to add to the atmosphere, parks do after all tend to be big and wide, a smaller composition may not have worked so well.
Its hilarious because To open it I have to name peoples faces, thats everyone that was EVER on the course, oh and did I mention that people tag there images too.
So not only do I have to name people I dont know I have to figure out the "painting style" of people I dont know.
I thought I'd upload it here for evidence that the finals done.
some digital colour sketches to help with development of final
Just included the final rough compositional thumbs, This needed to work in order for me to produce a better final.
Ultimatley I am not happy with this, but I have other things to do for now. The second left hand tree branches look a little dodgy and I think the image needs more reds.....
Ive got this done so there is time if I want to give it another 20 minutes or so.
As far as progress is concerned this is an improvement. It just looks better, compositionally, the lighting and contrast look better also. I was always told my work needed more layers. I used different brush sizes (as I did with the watercolour). The main difference is that I used higher brush opacitys, my previous work I used a 10 percent and my work looked blurry.
Timewise it took half the time of my previous digi paints so that I am happy with. My technique has improved which may be why it took less time, also my confidence has increased so I spend less time battling my subconscious that says "YOU CANT DO THIS".
I just tell it to go away now, and just get things done.
My choice of doing the development work I needed and not in excess was a good decision, it didnt reduce the quality of the final peice it improved it because it addressed what needed to be recorded on paper in order to create the final.
I stopped halway through because I had an urge to do some 3d, as I do know so Im gonna stop talking and get back to that trash.
Edit: an hour has passed still cant get onto facebook for crits so I thought I'd rely on my own judgement and take 10 minutes to be picky and make some alterations to the painting.
I saw even more issues with this upon reflection, shadows were in the wrong place on 4 of the main trees and 2 of the trees to the side. lighting was the main reason for producing this image so that had to be altered a few things were out of proportion and some things needed definition like the second tree on the right so that it didnt blend into the first tree. Also the background tree on the left needed a bit less definition as it was furthur away. As I stated previously the image needed some more red's in it i thought to improve the contrast. The most annoying thing was the third tree on the rights leaves looked like they were in front of the second tree, and the second large shadow was too big and inaccurate. Back of trees also needed some contrast. Fronts needed more highlights. One tree had no branches just a trunk. Second tree on right had weird leaves on the top .I think thats it there is probably more "issues" that I dont see.

So I this is the altered image with alterations, its a bit small on here to do it any justice. I believe it looks alot better from the changes I have made.
EDIT: One note though, I chose from thumbnail stage to make this image this aspect ratio to add to the atmosphere, parks do after all tend to be big and wide, a smaller composition may not have worked so well.






No comments:
Post a Comment