The trash project, make trash it sounds so easy. The urge to just put my first year work onto planes almost overtook me.
Making things is relitivly easy, It can be easy to do some development work and work on a final.
Even after knowing what I should have done I made many errors so Im going to admit this as a failure and start again. I did however do something's right that I will carry on into number 2.
Firstly I would like to state that I was not thorough when seeking most the reference photos. I need to take time, make sure I have The object from all angles, any details I may need. Without this important part in the design process and planning the whole project would suffer.
A bin I made looked like a coffee cup, I hadnt got the reference that I needed so it looked like rubbish no pun intended.
I still do get ideas down, compositional thumbnail sketches and the like. I did not however think about the triangle limit I would set for each object. Dammit.
Making things is relitivly easy, It can be easy to do some development work and work on a final.
Even after knowing what I should have done I made many errors so Im going to admit this as a failure and start again. I did however do something's right that I will carry on into number 2.
A bin I made looked like a coffee cup, I hadnt got the reference that I needed so it looked like rubbish no pun intended.
I still do get ideas down, compositional thumbnail sketches and the like. I did not however think about the triangle limit I would set for each object. Dammit.
I did however think about the shapes of the silhouettes and approach's to modelling. I tried out several different ways of modelling and seeing if I could make the object look the same with less triangles.
I should have done more planning, although I will say some of the textures looked better than anything else Ive ever made before so that is a little progress.
In short this is not good enough, but I am glad I have made the mistakes because I can now make another and it will be better for it. So I will go and do that. Will the next step be a step forward?
So I need to
Get more thorough reference....
Start again from scratch......












No comments:
Post a Comment