Thursday, 11 October 2012

Putting things into perspective....

I feel this week I have taken a step forward in regards to concept art and being confident in knowing the steps you take. I missed out reference though, and that is very important. I am not a master at this, not yet. I have also found tools that i feel comfortable using and also confident.

I also took a step back, a huge step, and then another step forward.

The hyperthetical road to awesome town leading up to ninja mountain is a rough ride indeed.

After going over some rules in critical studies today I went home and reflected upon this weeks works and I saw it. My perspective is wobbly! I have been told this and it always has been.
If it were anymore wobbly I could stick a scoop of ice cream on it and serve it at a kids birthday party.

The good thing is I know how to put it right.
I believe its because I'm drawing alot that my eyes have been opened.
Accuracy, is very important, I know that, I am taking the right steps I just need to work on this.

Why now? why do I see this now and not before? suddenly it has clicked into my head, the reason why I felt this project was not going anywhere.

Knowing this, I can only scrap what I have done and start again from scratch. Time is up for visual design this week. I will have to find time to go back. Simple as.


 


 

Theres some other stuff, at least the evidence is here that ive at least done something this week, and i will be able to reflect.

 It wasnt a step back realising that my perspective was always dodgy before its too late is a good thing.

Im happy for this realisation. Im confident that things will look better from now on.

A few things for me to remember.

 I know the rules I just need to apply them,
 I have found the tools that work for me I just need to use them.

Rules or tools are no good if you dont apply or use them to your full advantage.

Drawing really does teach you to see,  I cannot emphasize that enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment