Friday, 5 April 2013

No more parrots

Since I have gotten better I look at that bloody parrot and see that it isnt really a symbol that I would like to use to represent myself.

I think its time to leavethe parrot behind and move on.

I am not a mimic, My intention as an artist has never been about trying to immitate what other people think of as cool.

I have been studying the masters techniques for years now, stealing techniques here and there, bits I think work and look cool. Putting them in my own work.

I think the outcome's of my study are greater than the bad photocopy effect you get from copying a photograph.

I understand that when working on becoming a commercial artist you need to be level minded, but that is no reason you cant be creative. I dont think creativity is being able to do whatever you like and forget the fundamentals. I see creativity as this...

I see creativity as freedom, the freedom to go outside and find things that inspire you, to look at any object and have ideas that make you want to make art.  look at artists see what techniques inspire you, try new things, see what works for you. What looks cool, how can you present your work? That is my idea of creativity and I think any artist can do that.

I believe that any artist has this freedom, and that every artist should stop and look at everything around them. In all directions. The world is a beautiful place, and beauty can be found in everything from a flowering blossom to the texture on the wall of a dilapidated building.

Dont be a caged bird, sitting at a desk all day is downright soul crushing. Explore, be inspired and see.

I will leave my readers with something to think about.

There is a myth that if you wake up in the morning and all you can think about is art, then you are an artist.

Thats codswollop.

If you wake up in the morning and all you can think about is art, then you are a person who wakes up in the morning and thinks about art.

If you wake up in the morning and you make art, then your an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment