Friday, 12 April 2013

In the studio with vic episode 1

A while a go I rearranged the rooms in my 3 storey terraced house. What was my bedroom has now been transformed into a new art studio. All my books are on the shelves and all of my art equipment is exactly where I can find it.

I thought it would be fun if I do a little series in my blog of stuff I am getting up to in the studio. 

Today I have decided to attempt still life the old fashioned way. I will be experimenting with different media, composition, lighting, techniques.

The first thing I need is some stuff to draw so I went round the kitchen and gathered some fruit a jug some pots and an old throw.

I have read a book on cezanne recently. Although I do not want to imitate his style I learned some things I didnt know about his technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment