Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Intro - Ice breaker

For starts There will be no ass kissing on this blog, although I will give credit to those who are deserving of it.
There will also be no cheesy quotes on this blog,Just my work and my thoughts. I dont need the words of others to make me appear to be intelligent, If I dont already radiate brilliance (which i probably dont) there is no hope for me.

I thought Id break the ice by stating a few interesting facts about myself before the essay/life story because the right words do not exist to talk about myself in short, or if they did I wouldnt be able to spell them.

1. I am ( in ascending order ) 1/2 English 1/4 Polish 1/8 Welsh and 1/8 Norwegian, some may call me a cross- breed, others a mongrel, the latter would know me better.

2. My eyes are shaped like rugby balls.

3.My favourite Breakfast cereal is golden grahems, they dont make them anymore.

4. I am not naturally dark haired.

5. I always wear black yet green is my favourite colour.

6. I have a 10 year old son called Tyler-Scott.

7. I am a 28 year old Leicester lass.


I will do my best to make the next piece of text as interesting as possible, maybe add a few interesting/funny stories in (were relevant) for good measure.

The hardest thing in the world for me would be to describe my  interests because they tend to vary, apart from my interest in games and art which have always been there,and a passion for 3d sculpture due to loving plastecene as a kid.

I came from a multimedia background, webdesign, animation, video production using all the adobe programs that kind of thing although we did alot of traditional work in the first year such as book illustartion, life drawing etc..
If you were to look at my college blog you may think I would have been better off doing animation as I did alot of it in college and in my spare time,  clay mation, puppet animation, cutout animation, pixilation, flipbooks, traditional animation, animated storyboards,video with animation. 3d , flash for web design you name it I have done it. why didnt I do animtion you ask?
but the truth is I loved making the models and the sets and the props, and designing the concepts. The actual act of  animation bores me it is so frustrating. 
 As for other interests everything else just seems to come and go.

 I very rarely watch television because I cant justify just sitting there when I could be doing something else constructive.

I spent the years before and during my early teens living with my dad just me and him, he was a systems engineer at aerospace and was into computer programming, he used to make games for me and would constantly try to tell me how they worked, and how to programme but it bored me at the time, I did make my own but I got the coding slightly wrong so dad had to go through it all to make it work. I played it once. I grew to like games after that, but I was only interested in what you could see on the screen, i designed a level once and he made the game, it was crap but seeing what I made on the screen was brill, and wanted to make them, but writing code bored me and as there was no other way I decided I wanted to be a dentist and scrape tartar off peoples teeth for 70 grand a year. I was getting a's in science after all.

As a kid,  I  had an obsession with taking photos of colours and textures, strange thing to do I thought, (until I started uni) I didnt have my own camera so I used to nick grandads, hed go mad when the film was developed and all the pics on the film were half granny in the garden and half of grey paving slab, wood chipping, a particular shade of red, dodgy wallpaper, etc he never knew it was me at first he must have thought it was a dodgy film,every time. He found out eventually and I got told off. I took them before he threw them, and would collect them. I dont know what happened to them.

I'd like to share a little bit about my background and how/why I came here. Going back into education was one of the best decision's I have ever made in life, I enjoyed college so much that it became my hobby, I am not all work no play but when you enjoy something that much I dont see how you can be seperate the two. My current hobby is "game art design degree".

Truthfully I would have been happy doing any art or design related degree course and I applied for illustartion and multimedia degree courses aswell as this one. I felt relaxed about applying for them all.... except this one. The truth is that I saw all of the work that the students had produced and it scared me to death so I thought "Thats the one", most adrenaline junkies would bungie jump off bridges or jump out of aeroplanes but Victoria cichocki chose to do game art at dmu, there are of course many other more logical reasons.

When I left school (class of '99) I did...
A-level art for a bit,which involved cutting marylin monroes face out of lino,

Performance arts Btec Nat Dip which involved cleaning out cuboards, and one swan lake pro demonstration, I hid behind the curtain. I loved singing, songwriting, Music and drama but I was never going to be a ballet dancer and I accepted that, me and a friend invented a dance called "chicken lake" they were not impressed so I decided it wasnt for me. I also had stage fright not a good combination

Then I did a gnvq in art and design for a bit which involved sewing bits of paper together.

By the time the Millenium hit I was 17, I'd had enough of this unfulfilling education, parents and leicestershire and I was a cocky kid and I thought I knew everything, so I decided to see what it was like in the real world. I moved out of the county and started my own life in lancashire. I got a job, a place to live, a dog,  and some really untidy housemates.....

Turns out the real world was not as great as I thought it would be, by December 2001 I was back in Leicestershire, trying to pick up the peices.

( 8 years passed ) I wont go into detail, alot of bad stuff happened, that i have shut out of my mind.

I didnt know there was such thing as a "games artist" I thought they were all made by one guy with code (like dad). I found out there was "such thing" in 2009  when I went to a college open day.

So I went back to college got Distinctions for every project, learned loads got onto this degree course and the rest is history.

I want to be a 3D enviroment artist, Ive heard it means you make hubcaps, for cars, for racing games, for ten years..... I still want to be a 3D environment artist and make hubcaps, for cars, for racing games and lots more.

Being a texture artist would be cool also.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment