Wednesday, 30 May 2012

#4 mini master study continued

This is a follow up from yesterdays watercolour trials.


I have done a few more trys this morning, Its better but I'm still not happy with it.
I waited for layers to dry in this one. A small step forward. It appears to work better. I have found out that to much paint feathers the paper, even on quality watercolour paper. I suppose that even the artist relied on fluke for this style of painting..




attempt number 3, paint ran in directions I didnt want it too. Still an improvement and I'm learning still. You can see the creases in the paper. I hypothesize that the next attempt will be worse than this one as is usually the case. I think i'll try a different approach to laying the paint down though.

later on

I did a  speed paint of the image, It turned out quite well considering it was a quick one.

As for the rest of the day I think I have a few jobs to do around the house. Maybe i will attempt the watercolour again. who knows.

Later on

did another speed paint of one of his paintings for fun.



Experimented using some different brushes. Will go back to the traditional media tommorow. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment