Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Haunted by the yellow guy

I have never really been into characters until the reef project, but im finding them really fun. Its so challenging trying to think of how to make a character memorable.

Then I picked up on something, There has been a lot of talk about pac-man recently and It seems that everywhere I look I see him, the pac man shape is everywhere. Im not talking cakes or pizza with one slice missing, I never see pac man there because I eat 2 slices at a time.

I did a little experiment while I was walking through leicester today, I actually took note of all of the times that I have seen this generic object. Turns out I saw "him" more than once every 5 seconds.

I know I was delibretley looking but I thought thats a hell of a lot of one shape. The best one was a circular shop sale sign, behind it was a mannequin and the negative space between the mannequins legs.

I think that may be why this character is so memeorable, there are a lot of subliminal messages everywhere people must see that shape all of the time without really knowing.... The possibilities....

From this course I have learnt that "brainwashing" is probably the easiest way to get anyone to do anything, Ive said it before. Ive realised how brilliant this is.

Time however is flying by, this first year has flown by and to be honest it scares me.











No comments:

Post a Comment