Friday, 14 October 2011

The first fortnight - review

Before I started uni, my college tutors told me to expect mean nasty lecturer's who would make you cry, endless piles of excrutiatingly hard work and sleepless nights, and I was dreading it, I even thought about not going, thats how bad they told me it was.

But after two weeks here I am loving every minute. Part of me wants it never to end. I cant beleive they lied to me.
The lectures are exiting, lecturer's really interesting and enthusiastic. I never want to miss a single day ever.
It is everything you dreamed high school would be but didnt quite live up to.

4 comments:

  1. nasty lecturer's who would make you cry, endless piles of excrutiatingly hard work and sleepless nights

    This was my exact experience of the 3rd and some of the 2nd year. Except the hard work was very rewarding, and ultimately got me a job!
    Don't be intimidated by hard work. There's no need to kill yourself with workload, but to be successful at this course requires a LOT of self-directed study, and most of the things you want to learn you will have to figure out for yourself with no help from the lecturers.

    You don't have to worry about this stuff right now however, so just enjoy your first year, especially the social aspect, and learn as much as possible from Heather. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Blair, nasty lecturers who make you cry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever made anyone cry... oh, wait a minute, there was that one time...

    No, the people who can make you cry are the industry folks when they tear your work apart. But that doesn't have to happen if you work hard and do good work

    I wonder why your old lecturers told you such negative things, what were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess they were preparing us for the worst Micheal, or maybe the opinions they had were based on there own bad experience's of studying graphic design at Leeds met? who knows.

    ReplyDelete